Join us on Facebook

Sunday, March 25, 2012

One year yesterday.

"March 24, 2012"

Hey baby girl, I'm here to tell you
You've completely disappeared.
Your presence has consumed me
Nearly the whole past year.
When I heard your voice change to a whisper,
Then leave me completely alone;
Now for sure, I can believe in my heart
That you're never coming back.

Baby girl, you should know
I can't see you anymore.
I can't hear you anymore.
I can't feel you anymore.

Right after you left, my life was filled with despair.
I saw you every night, in every dream I had,
And every morning, I awoke clutching the pillow you used to warm.
Now I only see your memory in the necklace around my neck.

I used to know your voice better than my own,
And the sound of you jingling around filled my homes,
But now, in moments when I doubt,
I challenge myself to recall how you used to sound.

A year ago today, I held you in my lap at the vet.
I stroked your fur hard, trying to burn it into my mind, so I'd never forget
The thing that calmed me whenever I felt lonely,
All of it's just ashes now in your mystery urn.

I miss you, baby girl, oh how I miss you.
You're becoming a memory I can't remember to forget.
I can't ask you to never leave me,
Because I can tell that you've already moved on.
Wait for me in Heaven now,
I'll come get you when I belong.

3/25/2012
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment