Join us on Facebook

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blacken Sky

Konbanwa!

My name is Quinton, and I'm one of the Co-Founders of Life in Fiction. Illya and I decided to do a crossover post for each of our blogs every month, so here I am. Today I'll be posting one of my many poems I have written. Not even my own readers have seen this one yet so be sure to comment and let me know what you think. :)

Blacken Sky

Bruised, Broken,
Dying, Depressed.
Torn, Taken,
Cut down, Crushed.
No matter the word,
The feeling is the same,
No matter where I go.
I still want to go home.
I still want to take off this mask,
That I wear to just get by.
To walk past into the realm called society.
To leave behind judgment,
Formality.
To honestly fit in,
To genuinely feel again.
To look in one’s eyes,
And know I’m perfect the way I am.
You walk around flaunting a fake name,
Pretending to be someone else.
I’d settle to be anyone at all.
I’d settle for knowing who I even was.
You walk around with a mask by day,
And take it off for your real friends.
If only you would take it off for me,
A masked, invisible man.
Who am I to you?
Some kid you can’t show the truth?
Am I just one of them,
Those other guys,
Who know nothing of the girl inside?
I’m no different aren’t I?
This mask is all you see.
That book, your story,
Is not for me to read.
You have a bestseller.
I just have my writing,
The rest is indifferent.
Me, my life, are both invisible,
Just like this poem I’m writing.
~Always Put Life Into Words~

No comments:

Post a Comment