Join us on Facebook

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You can do anything, but not everything.

- David Allen

"Writing a book is an awfully big adventure." For years now I have tried to write a book and I just cannot seem to finish any of them. Today I was getting my hair cut and my stylist and I were talking about books, a subject I could chat about for hours. This got me into my writing mode again and my mom and I were talking about how great it would be if I could publish a book. I have always been writing about humans and the usual vampire, witch, demon and werewolf 'genres' you see almost all the time. Now, I think I may change everything I have ever started, into an Alien feel. If you have not noticed, this decade will be all about Aliens. I am sure of it. I have plenty of ideas flowing through my mind. I just do not not know where to start. I have a composition book full of characters that I have made throughout the years that I can change a to fit an alien race. I have always been great at writing the body of a story but it takes me forever to pick where to begin and I never can seem to figure out an ending that fits. The thought of getting a book published sounds amazing. If I did get it published and it was good enough for someone to want to make a movie, I know exactly who (out of about 5 directors/producers) I would want to make my book a movie. Of course, that never goes to plan or they ruin your book, or so you think because some end up loving it. I kind of think I would want to use a pen name but I doubt I will.

-SourBurglar

Demons_241x208

No comments:

Post a Comment