Join us on Facebook

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meaning

I didn't really have a big inspirational speech this week, so I've decided to copy down 3 of my favorite quotes and explain how I interpret them.
"Sometimes, you have to go with the crowd to go against it." 
        I see this more as a 'deceive people' comment. What I take from this is that if you try to go against a group out of no where, they will generally put they're guard up and oppose you. But, if you go with them, you can slowly interject your ideas and open them up to your point of view.
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
         I hate it when people don't stand up for themselves and they let people push them around. This quote tells me that if I stand for something and i believe in myself, then people can't tell me what to do because I'm standing up for my cause. If I don't, then I can't stand up for myself and people will push me around because I don't believe in what I believe.

"You can't change the law without first changing human nature."
"You can't change human nature without first changing the law."
         Probably one of my favorite controversies! We have witnessed people refusing to change in the past. One side says that if we change the law, people will change to follow the law. On the other hand, we have someone that says we have to change the way people are first because they won't change the way they are for the law. It's a debatable topic, either side can bring strong arguments for a side, but it makes you think about peoples morals nowadays.


                                                                 <3 illya

No comments:

Post a Comment