Join us on Facebook

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why Do You Wear A Mask?

Over the years I have built on my comfort zone. Well maybe saying, 'I have opened up to the world,' is a better statement. The beginning of my life into Elementary School, I and everyone else could have cared less what anyone thought about them. I was a tomboy who played basketball and was a cheerleader. My personality was pretty great besides being shy at times. When Middle School came around, everyone, including myself, stuck to the people they already knew. After a while we would add and remove people from our friends, whether it was our choice or theirs. About eighth grade to now (college) I have gradually brought back my original personality. I dress for myself and act the way I want; I am who I am and no one can change me. Every once in a while humans, in general, can feel insecure. Twelfth grade to now, I have opened up to new possibilities. I have learned to truly be myself and I have stopped worrying about what others think. 'Go With The Flow,' is the best advice to give. Everything happens for a reason, so just let it happen. Learn from mistakes and build from there. At the moment, I am not sure if being too comfortable with my self will become a bad in the long run but for now I will stay this way. All I know is, if you are happy with who you are, other will take notice. You will draw in good people and some that will want to take this away from you. But as long as you accept who you are and who you want to be, no one can break down your force field.

-SourBurglar

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

Mark Twain

I see myself as sexy. If you are comfortable with it, it can be very classy and appealing.
Aaliyah

No comments:

Post a Comment